The editors of RECTR welcome essays and book reviews for consideration.
Submitted essays must:
- Be accompanied by a 150-word abstract of the essay.
- Be sent via email to RECTR at email@example.com (current MS word required).
- Be between 5,000 – 8,000 words.
- Use current MLA formatting and style (see MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing, third-edition). RECTR also requires the following:
- Footnotes may be used for additional commentary only (no endnotes).
- All cited materials must be documented via in-text parenthetical citations and a Works Cited page at the document’s end.
- Include the year of first performance in parentheses after the first mention of all dramatic works. For example, “In Thomas Dilke’s The Lover’s Luck (1695), . . .”
Submitted book reviews must:
- Be between 750 – 1,000 words.
- Be sent via email to Penny Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org (current MS word required).
Authors of accepted articles will receive two copies of the issue in which the article appears; authors of accepted book reviews will receive one copy of the issue in which the book review appears.